I’m pretty sure you’re all tagging me because you’re running out of folks who haven’t done this yet, and I’ll have you know I’m answering under duress because I just want the insanity to stop!
Rule 1: Post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
- The unnecessary drama. Some drama happens (that’s life, and I’m glad fellow Tumblrs are there for support/guidance), but cripes, there’s no need to jump all over other people for having a different viewpoint/style/etc.
- Steak. Medium rare. I’m sure my colon would thank me later.
- A month in the Mediterranean, exploring old cities, reading on white beaches, and photographing and eating everything.
- Holy crap, Will. Do you know how many goddesses there are? I’m going to choose Calliope, because she carries a book everywhere she goes. And because I know this will make thefootlightclub giggle.
- Eclectic comfort. Is that a style? Our new place is very contemporary, but once we get all of our crap into it, it’s going to be reminiscent of Eclectic Comfort, too. (If I put capitals on it, it becomes a thing, no?)
- …divide by pi, carry the one…
Favorite alcoholic beverage?
- Ice cold beer in the summer, red wine in the winter. Or Bloody Marys, extra spicy. Or margaritas. I think I have a problem.
- If I didn’t have to consult with the Husband, it would be Elliot for either a girl or a boy. Somehow, I suspect he would veto this 100%.
- All of them. But I would happily eat only brie for the rest of my life.
- 16 and Pregnant.
- More important than 16 and Pregnant, less important than brie cheese.
- New Zealand. The Husband and I visited there about five years ago, and whenever life gets hard, we fantasize about winning the lottery and moving to New Zealand. It felt like Canada, but even more awesome, and we could 100% actually see ourselves living there.
- The one I had on Thursday. It was a fundraiser tied to the local wine festival, so each (incredible) course was paired with two (incredible) wines. Yum.
- I have no idea. Sincerely. Currently taking suggestions.
- I’m going to give you all a minute to reach for your inflight airsick bag. Got it? Good. My life would basically be the life I have now. Jesus. Where’d I put my airsick bag?
- Wine and cheese pairer and/or a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavour tester
- I’d make my hair thicker or less fine.
- I’m still waiting for mine. Anyone want to lend me theirs?
- I had big dreams of writing about open adoption so other people could see how not scary it is. Then I realized that our life really doesn’t revolve around adoption, and I ran out of stories really quickly.
- According to this highly scientific quiz, the Justin Bieber song that best describes my life at this very moment is Never Say Never. I’m taking their word for it, since I try to live a Justin Bieber-free existence.
- Had a panic attack in my boss’ office. Because that wasn’t awkward at all.
- Are you, um, trying to tell me that we’re not? Because if that’s the case, I’ll take back that “st ends” necklace that goes with my “be fri” one, thankyouverymuch.
- Depends on when you asked me. Most of the time, I wanted to be high school English teacher, but occasionally had grand plans of being a paediatric cardiac surgeon. Because those are so similar.
- Fall, because I get to wear my favourite clothes, in my favourite colours. And everything just smells good in the fall. Oh, and fall foods… Stews, soups, apple anything…
- I’m currently reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Stop judging me!
- New Zealand. See full explanation above.
- To kick in the face? Dora. No hesitation. Wait. Could Diego be standing immediately behind her so the force of my kick would propel her into him and knock him down, too?
- I’d kind of like to meet Michelle Obama. That woman just rocks. It’d be okay if she brought her husband along, too.
- Wine. Books. Food. Repeat.
- I listened to (and sang at an embarrassing volume) Light from the Next To Normal soundtrack all the way home tonight.
- I don’t really follow any non-tumblr blogs anymore. I used to love Dooce, but I don’t find her life as relevant to mine anymore.
- Stability all the way. Lack of planning makes me twitchy.
- The national rep for our local union. I very much dislike her with all of my being.
Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr?
- Tumblr. Without hesitation. I stopped using Twitter months ago, and I rarely log into Facebook longer than is required to post photos of my kid to appease the grandparents.
If you had to spend the rest of your life with only one person, who would it be and why?
- The Professor from Gilligan’s Island, because he could make anything we could possibly need. Except for something to get us off the island, of course. (I don’t know why we’re trapped on an island in this scenario, but I’ve decided we are.)
What is one of the first popular songs you remember loving as a child?
- I’ll do you one better. The first tape I ever bought was Belinda Carlisle’s Heaven on Earth. I used to be able to rewind it exactly to the beginning of Circle in the Sand and I Get Weak.
If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?
- 23. On the cusp of real life, but not so saddled with student debt that I couldn’t do anything. Still adventurous and willing to explore anything.
What would you name the autobiography of your life?
- It Only Looks Like I’m In Charge
You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
- You’re going to feel like a fraud for the next ten years. It’s okay. So will everyone else.
What one thing would you tell your 7th grade self?
- You’re not as unfortunate looking as you think you are. It would help if you put down the books and went outside. Or at least sit outside to read, Self. You’re pasty.
Favorite city in the world and why.
- I don’t feel well travelled enough to answer this one. I do love Old Quebec City, though.
Favorite eligible bachelorette from Flavor of Love.
- I feel very fortunate to be unable to answer this question.
Can you drive a stick?
- Sadly, no. My uncle tried to teach me once. All I remember is stalling at a stop sign, looking up and seeing a bus bearing down on us in the rearview mirror.
My questions for you:
- What was the first tape or CD you ever bought?
- Innie or outie?
- Have you ever taken a racy picture of yourself? Did you have the guts to send/give it to someone?
- What disc is currently in your DVD player?
- Do you wear perfume/cologne? What kind?
- I dare you to handwrite a letter to someone. Who are you going to write to, and what are you going to write about?
- Do you wear shoes inside the house?
- If you had a free day and $1,000 to spend on yourself (and yourself only), what would you do? (Totally stole this from MarieGunn. What? It’s a great question.)
- Do you separate your laundry or just throw it all in there and hope for the best?
- How do you prefer to spend your birthday?
- Do you wear jewelry? What’s your favourite piece?
- monpetitmondeamoi likes this
- areallifegrownupmom likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- bujnik likes this
- thesassyprince said: I love all the answers you gave and how you gave them. At this point I think you won the answers to the tag challenge. (there wasn’t really a contest but if there was then you won the case of wine and wheel of cheese)
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- viaukraine likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- stephandjeremiah likes this
- whitechocolatesuperstar likes this
- itonlylookslikeimincharge posted this